Thursday, October 18, 2012

Favorite Kitsch Film Interiors

I find the greatest inspiration for interior design through movies, like many. Especially when the set acts as a character itself, such as the movies below. If you know me, you know that my sole criteria for enjoying a film is that it is pretty. I am that vapid and uninteresting.


Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange
                                          Production Design by John Barry                                                                                                                                


Stanley Kubrick's The Shining
Production Design by Roy Walker      


^^ I wish I could find a better image for this scene...It's so amazing!
C'mon. It's beautiful.

Tom Ford's A Single Man
Production Design by Dan Bishop


Speaks for itself!

Sofia Coppolla's Marie Antoinette
Production Design by K.K. Barrett


Now, the Victorian style is not really my thing...but I can't help but be inspired by it for that reason. I am not a fan of blue, but somehow this dated, mundane blue is very interesting to me..not something I would think of. It's funny how a tired look can suddenly become new and fresh again when used in the right way.

Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums
Production Design by David Wasco



This movie interior seems like it is right out of 2012. The large prints and traditional portraits among modern  decor is very current IMO. I love the whole Floridian, mid-century kitsch thing he has going on.

Love, 
Kelly


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment